Work has been crazy busy and I haven’t been in the kitchen as much as I would like. On top of it, baby seems to have come down with a cold and according to her pediatrician, I need to be careful because kiddo germs are very strong and can lay out an adult whereas Mia can take a licking and just keep on ticking.
Duly noted. And so true. I spent Thursday and Friday in a Dayquil induced haze and come Saturday, all I wanted was to get my hand on some pots and cook. Some people take vitamins to feel better, I cook. And thank goodness I did, or I wouldn’t have discovered this gem!
This recipe is mostly guessing, as I was just excited to be back in my happy place, so let your inner chef work it out and have fun! Like my dad said, recipes are just guidelines.
Grilled Salmon Zucchini Capellini in Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 packets wild salmon in garlic butter (from Costco) grilled until medium and flaked into bite sized pieces.
- 1 large zuchinni, spiralized
- 4 oz (1/3 of a box) capellini/angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in shallots and garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Add in lemon juice and enough pasta water to make a thin sauce. Reduce until thickened slightly (it should cover the back of a spoon well). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add salmon, zuchinni, capellini and 1/2 the lemon zest and toss in sauce until evenly coated.
- Garnish with grated Romano, remaining lemon zest and chili pepper flakes.